Happy Canada Day!
As we celebrate our national pride, here are some River Market ideas to enjoy the day with our loved ones in our social bubble.
Pick up everything you need for a great Canada Day picnic in your living room or in your backyard or on your deck.
- Take home great food from our restaurants. Some are staying open until 7pm, including Tre Galli Gelato Caffe, Longtail Kitchen, Ninja Bubble Tea and ReUp BBQ
- Pick up festive drinks from Harbour Liquor Store and all the snacks you could want from City Avenue Market.
- Brew some fresh iced tea with the amazing selection from Great Wall Tea Co and paired with the world’s best chocolates from Origins Chocolate Bar.
- Bunches and Blooms has a wonderfully creative selection of floral bouquets to gift and to decorate your picnic.
For a fun-filled day with your bubble family and friends:
- Rain City Games has put together a “Take the Indoors Outdoors” game-packs ready to go.
- One Thing Lockets has put together Canada Day bracelet making kits.
- A harbour cruise with Paddlewheeler Riverboat Tours.
- Cosy Yarns has put together knitting & crochet kits.
- Jolene’s Handmade Soaps carries soap making kits.
Brunch along the boardwalk
- Angelina’s Dutch Corner: 604-520-6468
- Longtail Thai Kitchen: 604.553.3855
- Paddlwheeler Pub: 604.524.1894
- Amaranthus (indoors): 604-553-2231
Stroll along the boardwalk
The boardwalk is open. Please maintain 2m distancing.
City of New Westminster virtual fireworks
City of New Westminster’s Canada Day celebration and fireworks have gone virtual! Join the community in “O Canada” sing along at 7pm. Fireworks start virtually at 10pm.
Please follow our one-way directional arrows. We encourage everyone who is able to wear a mask to do so. We are well stocked for hand washing and you can find hand sanitizer dispensers near entrance and exit doors.
Be kind, be calm, and be safe.