This food drive is about the virtuous cycle of giving. Thank you for supporting our local businesses during this time by ordering take out. And, thank you for bringing a food item to help support those in need in our community. The $5 City Avenue Market gift card is a small token of appreciation.
The canned food drive ends June 2.
All items are going to the New Westminster Homeless Coalition Society. This organization does an enormous amount to help our friends and neighbours.
Want to help? Here are some other ways you can help.
- Donate to the New Westminster Homeless Coalition Society
- Donate to one of many food insecurity organizations in your neighbourhood
- Donate to the Greater Vancouver Food Bank where every dollar they receive works out to $3 of food for someone in need.
Food Bank’s Top 10 Most needed items
- Hearty Stews and Chilli
- Canned Chicken or Turkey
- Canned Fish
- Canned Black Beans, Kidney Beans and Chickpeas
- Natural Peanut Butter
- Sealed packages of Brown Rice, Barley or Oats
- Sealed packages of Whole Wheat Pasta or Cous Cous
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Fruit
- Diapers sizes 4, 5, 6