A Place to Spend Family Time
Whether it’s taking part in one of our River Critters’ baking classes, breezing through a drop-in class at the Vancouver Circus School, or stopping in for a mouth-watering lunch while out strolling the riverfront boardwalk, River Market is the perfect place to spend family time. Need some inspiration? Here are just a few activities that will delight children and adults alike when you’re spending the day at River Market.
- Fuel up for the day with a cinnamon-and-honey infused Cappuccino Royal from Tres Galli Gelato Caffé alongside Re-Up BBQ’s famous biscuits topped with house-cured bacon, local free-range eggs and gravy.
- Toddlers and their parents can take part in a River Critters’ weekly baking class, led by Pamola Bakery. Roll out dough, make cookies and pies, then enjoy your sweet results!
- Join the circus (for an hour). In Vancouver Circus School’s state-of-the-art training facility, families can learn new skills on the trampoline, trapeze and aerial silks. Parents can join in or watch their family tumble and roll with a cup of Royal City Mist from Great Wall Tea Co. Better yet, make use of the free time to get some grocery shopping done at Donald’s Market, which carries a wide selection of well-priced organic and conventional food, drinks and grocery items.
- Enjoy a little lunch music from one of our regular buskers while you sample a crispy-crusted pizza from Tres Galli, Tortilla Soup from Pamola, or roasted chicken from Freebird.
- Pick up picnic supplies and famous stacked Panini sandwiches from La Grotta del Formaggio inside Donald’s Market and head east along the boardwalk to the award-winning Westminster Pier Park. There you’ll find play structures, meandering gravel paths and plenty of space for your al fresco feast.
- Sign up for a music or drama drop-in class at Music Box. This is something fun for children of all ages and adults too!
- Visit MCM Home to find beautifully restored, reupholstered, and refinished Danish Modern and Mid-Century Modern furniture, art, lighting, and decorative pieces. From there, stroll over to Antique Alley on Front Street, where you’ll find a host of rare and unique treasures for your home.
- If the weather is fine, pull up a seat on the best patio in New Westminster. The Paddlewheeler Pub has a family friendly section, where tasty nachos and wings are served up with the fantastic view of the Mighty Fraser River.